Friday, May 10, 2013

Which healthy insurance company is good to go with?

Q. I think I'm paying too much for my insurance with little coverage right now, so I'm checking around to see what other good health insurance companies are available to switch over.

Please give me some recommendations. Thanks.
sorry, the headline should be which health insurance, not healthy.... :-)

A. Depends on what state you live in. Try Cigna. Or Blue Cross.


Do you have healthy insurance right now at the time I am posting this question?
Q. I do not because I can't afford it, but when my friends ask me if I have it, I just lie and tell them I do. I am just too ashamed to admit I don't have it. Am I the only one, if you are reading this question and you don't have health insurance, can you reply to my question and tell me why you don't have it?

Also, question for the ladies, would you date me if you found out I didn't have health insurance?

A. Yes I have my own health insurance.


Is your healthy insurance premium tax deductible? Is it better to do a group plan or individual plans?
Q. I have a small company with three employees - is it better we get a group health insurance plan or all get individual plans? what are the tax benefits? I was told you can deduct more of the premiums if you are a company rather than an individual?

A. I have been a tax accountant for 27 years. I do not have enough information to give you a reliable answer to your question. However, you should look into a relatively new tax development called the HRA or HSA. Your bank should be able to provide you with information as to how these plans work. They are very flexible and work only when people purchase high-deductible health plans. The HRA or HSA accounts are used to pay out-of-pocket medical expenses (but not the insurance premiums) such as your deductible or co-pays under the plan. They are like IRA accounts for your health. I like them a lot. Please don't be a fool; consult a tax professional. You are in a very complicated area of tax law.


am I going to loose my healthy insurance because of the elections?
Q. that's what I keep thinking.
Im stupid when it comes to politics.
but that whole stay on your parents insurance in till your 26 thing.
am I about to loose that?

A. Republicans have stated a goal is to repeal the health insurance law that recently passed. However, even if they did Obama would veto it and they don't have the votes to override the veto.
More likely they will not fund certain portions of it, but since this mandate doesn't really need funding it would not be effected. So I guess the answer is no.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment